It’s the first week of the Fall 2022 One Room Challenge. Hurrah! As a long-time follower of this event, I’m thrilled to be a participant this year. I’ve just finished the kids bathroom (as in just a couple days ago!) so I have faucets, tile, cabinets pulls, and things bathroom finishes fresh on the brain! There is only one out of three bathrooms in our house that has yet to be done…
The Main Bathroom! So I’ll be tackling this room for the One Room Challenge. For those who don’t know, ORC goes on for 8 weeks, so good luck to me! I love an excuse to hurry the heck up and get things done, so here we go.
This home was built in 2004 and hadn’t been updated at all. It all seems very ’90s actually and so I have a hunch Idaho was a bit behind in interior design trends back then. Here is the grand before shot:
For this bathroom redesign, I’m going for classic with a touch of vintage. This is not unlike the design style for the kids bathroom just completed, but this room with be a little more luxury; a little more grown-up. Here is the concept/ mood board:
This renovation will be no small task – everything is changing. I did have a small head start. Just like the other bathroom, the countertops were already installed shortly after move-in. The old cabinets were also already refaced, stained black. But other than that…
Here is what I’m trying to accomplish in this 8 week challenge:
- Replace sink faucets with brass heritage style faucets
- Install brass cabinet hardware
- Replace backsplash with white tile
- Replace giant frameless vanity mirror with two mirrors
- All new light fixtures – sconces for vanity + new flush mount
- Nickelgap panel for all the walls
- Install tile floor.. I’m thinking herringbone pattern
- Replace the ugly corner bathtub
- Get rid of large format shower tile + install some type of subway tile
- New bath plumbing fixtures
- New shower plumbing fixtures
- New window treatments – cafe curtains?
Am I crazy? Maybe. This all needs to get done anyway, and I’m excited that the ORC is giving me the little motivation boost I need. Because the vanity area is already started, I’ll be starting most of the work there and then slowly move left. Hopefully not too slowly. Here I go!